Thursday, October 6, 2011

Determinging the Best Growth Aid(s)....

  I am a tried and true believer that its mainly a healthy body that will grow nice long strong healthy hair. I also do think some growth aids assist in stimulating growth (via keeping the scalp free of fungi, dandruff & debris) and maintaning the tresses. So when chosing growth aids I advice you to take into consideration what your own scalp and hair conditions are.
  Currently my scalp is very healthy:0)...meaning I do not have any itchy dry scalp conditions nor any build up. So I've chosen these growth aids based on what I would like to achieve with thickening my hair.
For the past 3 months I have been using a combination of:
   Pure Sulfur=Stimulates the scalp and keeps it flake free
   Jamaican Black Castor Oil= Thickens the hair from the root promotes growth
   Peppermint Oil= Refreshes the scalp and stimulates the follicles.
This is officially the length of my hair when I started using this growth aid combination

Side View

Crown View
Consistency and patience is required for best results. Message the above combination of oils onto the scalp only 1x per day. If the hair and scalp are washed often (1-2x's per week)  you are less likely to experience any oil or product build up issues. Here are the results after 3 months of constant usage.
Crown View

Side View
While the growth aids didn't perform a miracle, they did however assist in the growth. A decent progress from a low cut fade haircut to a thick healthy ear length afro in 3 months time. I am please with these results and my hair in general. But I'm back in the market for a different growth aid that I can compare the results ~vs~ the mixture I'm currently using.

I've decided to revamp the current hair regimen to include a "growth aid oil" called Gro- Aut Oil.  Feel free to click the following link for more detailed information and products offered. http://www.myfasthairgrowth.com/
I can vouch they ship quickly with standard shipping. I ordered the Gro Aut Oil Monday evening and recieved it in the mail Thursday Afternoon.


4oz bottle retails $15.49 not incl shipping
  Of course it is suggested to use the entire product line for optimal best results, but I personally will only be using the Gro Aut Oil.
My hair regimen for the next 3 months October thru December will consist of:
 Apply Bhringraj Oil to the scalp 30 min's prior to washing the hair as directed on the bottle.

4oz Bhringraj Oil
The site above also sells this oil, however I did not buy this from their company
 Co-Wash the hair and scalp every other day with HairOne Curly formula with Argan Oil. Its best to allow the conditioner to sit on the hair at least 5 mins prior to rinsing to ensure its penetrated the shaft. Prior to the final rinse with lukewarm/cool water, I prefer to Oil Rinse the hair to ensure it is tangle free with minimal snags, stress, or damage to the hair. 1x per week especially during the winter its a good idea to also deep condition the hair; leaving the conditioner on at least 15 mins. I will be using my staple One N' Only Hydration Mask with steam.

12 oz bottle retail $11.99 @ Sally's Beauty Supply
1oz sample travel pkt retail $1.99 @ Sally's Beauty Supply

 Massage only the scalp  with the Gro Aut Oil, its not intended to be used on the hair.
Then follow with adding moisture to the hair, the Gro Aut Solutions site recommends using coconut oil. However I prefer to use a winter moisture mixture that does contain coconut oil, as well as other humectant oils:


(L-R all oils are pure) Argan, Coconut, Shea Butter, Extra Virgin Olive & Vitamin E
Combined until creamy consistency and placed in small convienant airtight jar


This moisture mixture can be applied to wet or dry hair. I prefer to apply it to damp hair to enhance the curl pattern of type 4/A coils. You can either add styling products and style as desire (preferably without the usage of heat) or put on a protective wig or hair piece.
S-curl Moisture Activator and World of Curls Activator gel are my current styling products
Each retail for $2.99-$3.99 at any local beauty supply
 I look forward to updating you with the results of the Gro Aut Oil usage in 3 months.
Subscribe please...I sub back:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment