Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lets JetSet to Ghana!... A Taste of Africa

Traveling to Ghana Africa has been a long awaited trip for me. I actually was fully immunized last year...we talking 6 painful shots, including the yellow fever shot which made my left arm go numb for 4 hours:0/...But it was so worth it. I enjoyed every moment I was in Ghana. It was only a 5 day trip easy 11 hour flight from the east coast, so I definitly have to go back. What I enjoyed the most was the people. I'm actually use to Africans not really socializing with African Americans. *booo yeah Im sure SOME people are in denial and will say Im making that shit up*...however duhhh I'm a jetsetter, so that comes with a perk of experiencing different cultures interact. And MY experience has been Africans don't care to interact nor see eye 2 eye with African Americans. So when I was walking along the beach in Ghana and had someone not only smile but say " Welcome Home Sister". It caught me off gaurd. I was then filled in on a bit of history that a great number of slaves were sold from Ghana and they actually did sell their own "neighbors" for profit. The actual slave mansions exist about 2 hours outside of Ghana in Accra. These were the areas that the slaves were marched to and sized up to determine if they were fit for the voyages to Americas. If they were either too head strong or too physically weak they were killed an thrown in the ocean at that point. The ones that were chosen then were stockpiled into the slaves mansions for months until it was time for their journey. *sigh* Unfortunatly I didn't get the opportunity to visit those, I was told its quit a moving experience and learning endeaver I would never forget. I did however get to visit the W.E.B. Dubios Burial site & Musuem as well as the National Ghana History Musuem.
Here is some of that footage:
I really did enjoy everything about visiting Ghana...the people were so warm and welcoming and I cannot wait to go back.

Thanks for watching!Subscribe

2 comments:

  1. hey Chris congratzz on your new blog. i love this so much better its easy to read(just scroll down).i will def. follow your blog from now on here.
    oo you know what i never been to Ghana but i would love to go there since we surinamese our ancesters come from Ghana. my aunt was there 2010 she went to the slave trade museum . its so emotional she said. i hope you got Ghana sheabutter lol. ooo i enjoy you writing about hair and beauty musthaves. oo and you could write about your daily face regimen.im interested. great blog no complaint from me. cant wait to read more. i will check back tomorow hahaaa. bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting post I didn't know about the slave mansions, wow.

    ReplyDelete