Thursday, August 23, 2012

MICA Beauty Cosmetics...Sun Kissed Pigments

MICA Beauty Cosmetics
http://www.micabeauty.com
There are a variety of natural mineral cosmetics available on the market, I happen to come across this particular brand by accident.  I was in the market for gold and bronze toned eye make-up and browsing thru Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta Georgia. I was debating on trying a few M.A.C. shadows when a guy at a kiosk on the main level of the mall grabbed my attention. I do LOVE that mineral make-up in general is gentle on my eyes, so I thought why not give this a try. The retail value of each color is $9.00...and the salesperson offered a buy 2 get 1 free sale. I decided to purchase these three shades:
L-R: Striptease#27/ Carnival#9/ Nature#39
http://www.micabeauty.com
A color swatch of the colors against my skin tone...
For this particular look I use:
 Striptease as the highlighter color, its a nice taupe color that has shimmer great for the brow bone and inner tear duct are.
Carnival, the gold tone as the all over lid color, and eye liner.
Nature the deep brown as the color to accent the crease and give depth and shape to the eye.

To ensure I would have good adhesion, long wear and pigmentation of color I used a M.A.C. paintpot as a primer. Unfortunately the name has rubbed off the bottom of the pot so here is a pic of the color I used.
MAC PaintPot as Primer
When applying the MICA pigments keep in mind to apply your foundation after you complete your eye look, the pigments do fall a bit on the cheek area etc. I will be using 3 different brushes to apply the pigments.

I use a flat head natural hair bristle brush from the art supply store as a highlighter brush to apply Striptease. It perfectly applies color to the brow area and the inner duct crease. For more intense color dampen the brush and pigment and pat onto the eye area.

Then the Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow brush is used to apply the all over lid color Carnival. This brush can be purchased at Target and is a great buy, truly a great brush. Again depending on the intensity of the color you can dampen the brush and pat the color in place. I chose to go for a golden/bronzy look for a sun glow appeal so I used a damp brush.
Finally to accent the crease and add depth to the look I used the M.A.C. 219SE crease brush to apply Nature. I prefer to allow the brush to push into the crease and apply color in a small circular motion.

 Another great perk about using mineral pigment make-up is that it can also be used as a lipgloss!...Awesome gotta Luv versatility.
Just take the color pigment of your choice and apply a dab of lipgloss/lipglass, or I prefer to use Neosporin Lip Health mix well and apply with a lipstick brush.
M.A.C lipstick brush. Carnival Pigment, Neosporin Lip Health
Final Results of Sun-Kissed Summer Look

MICA beauty cosmetics offers a great color pigmentation product and I would definitely repurchase. They also offer a full line of natural mineral make-up and brushes. http://www.micabeauty.com
 Enjoying the Sun:


Thanks for reading,
Subscribe and you wont miss a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment