Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Natural Haircare Product Must Haves & Have Nots

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I have been tying to keep my product buying habit under control.... this is my current stash of hair goodies.
(L~R) Styling Aids...Leave-In's...Conditioners/Co-washes
Pictured above are products that are staples. As well as a few products I am just trying out. No one is paying me to promote/rate any of the products, and I paid for them. I Just Luv to find the perfect products for my hair.:=)
Product Reviews and Usage:
Conditioners and Co-washes


Naturelle Kera Pro Restorative *Sally's generic of Kerastase* - Deep protein conditioner I use due to color treated tresses. Provides the deep protein needed to rebuild the strength and elasticity of my hair without the    rough, tough and dry after feel. 

HairOne *Sally's generic Wen*- Weekly co-wash conditioner, gently cleansing alternative to shampoo. Effectively removes any oil build up from my scalp, as well as products from my hair. Rinses clean, but not "squeaky clean" so my hair does not feel stripped. Sometimes I use as a leave in:0)...staple btw

The B Bottle (*__0) is actually my own ACV rinse.lol. I just recycled that bottle because I think its cool.giggles.annyway. 
...I spritz my hair with ACV prior to conditioning my hair. Helps with porosity and frizz issues....

As I Am Coconut Co-wash- Weekly alternative to the HairOne. I like them both equally, This feels more like a clarifying type clean. My curls really "pop" while I us this, and its not quit as thick in texture as the HairOne. 

As I Am Hydration Elation- Moisture deep conditioner. This product does hydrate and provide moisture, however imo its too thin for a deep conditioner. I prefer really thick and rich conditioners...this one is kinda wimpy. 

Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment, for curly to kinky hair.- Very Very Thick Conditioner!...Its the closest "whip shea" in a store bought jar I've discovered. Smells sweet and floral, not doughy which is awesome. Delivers on the hydration and my hair soaks in the moisture. Also luv its also FairTrade certified and natural ingredients rule. http://www.beautifulcurls.com/store/pc/catActivate.asp?idcategory=2

Renpure Organics Amazing Miracle Reconstructor Conditioner- I have a serious love relationship with this protein treatment. Its So incredibly Awesome! Provides the perfect dose of protein that keep my coils springing. Its hard to find a protein product that also provides real moisture, Amazing Miracle nails both. I also pre-poo with this occasionally to loosen and detangle my coils before washing. ;=) Staple btw!

Leave-In's and Detanglers


Kinky Curly Knot Today-Detangler..staple...one of my Bff's.lol. I don't know what I would have done without this product. Quick shout out to KimmayTube leave in, which is why I even purchased this.lol. 
Lets talk about slip...you know the most wanted thing in natural healthy hair care. The ability to slip the comb thru you hair, without a snag. This product is my slip master...paired with the Denman classic styler brush they are unstoppable. 

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding- leave in curl enhancer...~AKA~ gooky, gunky, clumpy, expensive, purple isshh:0/. Sigh. I'm just waiting for the jar to empty to I can recycle it into a rubber band holder. I have tried so hard to like this product but I just don't. Now Im using it randomly to shingle my puff...patiently awaiting its removal from my cabinet.

One n' Only Curl Moisture- leave-in... was a staple, but now its the bases for my kimmaytube leave in along with knot today. It does provide moisture...but NOT all day moisture. Meaning my hair will be styled and detangled in the morning, but by 5 its a dry tangled mess. No longer delivers on my natural hair needs...wont repurchase.

Shea Moisture Curl Milk-leave-in..staple..daily moisture leave in. I normally apply to ends then I seal with argan oil. My hair stays moisturized and detangle throughout the day.

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie-style curl enhancer. StApLE=0). My hair adores this product...and so does my wallet. I use this to finger coil and twist my hair and it doesn't feel heavy and weighted down. Provides a nice soft curl enhancement and hold to my coil outs.

Pure Shea Butter...What kind of natural type 4 diva would I be without pure shea butter.lol. Of course this has multiple purposes with my hair and skin care. Check out http://beautyofajetsetter.blogspot.com/p/natural-nourishment-taboils-i-cherish.html

Style Aids

Eco Styler Gel Argan formula- Tried and true curl enhancer. Especially on very humid days, this product hold up against frizz. The downside is of course the hair is harder...not dry, just temporarily hard.

World of Curls Jeri Curl Activator- An alternate to the Eco gel. Has the same results with my hair. Won't rebuy, but didn't dislike the product.

Cream of Nature Argan Edge Pomade- Works great with making my edges appear neater when slicked into a puff.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment